Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Extreme Phobias

Phobias. We all have them. Let's be honest and let it out. Let's do the healthy thing and just admit it. Yell it if you have to. Let me be the first to admit that I am horrified of the squeaking noise that Styrofoam makes when you rub it together. It drives me bananas. But people, I want to take just a minute and take a look at some quite unusual phobias. I feel very sorry for the people who are stuck with these phobias - I can only imagine what life would be like for them. Let's take a look at some of the stranger side of phobias.

Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing. No comment.

Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens. Goodbye wonderful things of life, like KFC and petting farms.

Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets. Who doesn't have this one, especially when they're flying right at you?

Bogyphobia - Fear of the bogeyman. Once again, who doesn't have this one?

Genuphobia- Fear of knees. I suppose those who have this have been kneed in the face as young children. That's my only guess.

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - Fear of the number 666. Try saying that five times fast.

Judeophobia - Fear of Jews. How in the world?... Who could hate these lovely people? Just because they don't use electricity and have that Gold Bible.

Lachanophobia - Fear of vegetables. Probably found in the creators of the movie hit "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes."

Ornithophobia - Fear of birds. I even know a guy who knows a guy who can't have a driver's license because he has a severe case of this.

Peladophobia - Fear of bald people. I actually think I have this one. I saw Franklin Covey give a speech, and it scared the pants off of me.

Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers. Man I sure hate those terrible, ugly feathers!

Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets. Once again, these poor guys miss out on some of the great things in life. Muppets, Sesamie Street, Chuckie...

Rhabdophobia - Fear of being severely punished or beaten by a rod. Another one that I think is totally logical.

Vestiphobia - Fear of clothing. This actually answers a lot of questions that I've had about people like streakers...

Well, there you go gang. Consider yourself a little more educated. What do you do when you run into these people? How can you assist them? Be mindful, of course, and do everything you can to accommodate their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment